Friday, July 9, 2010

Wash and Go a new favorite??

It's been  forever since my last post, but preparing to move 900+ miles away can eat up quite a bit of time. But I had to post this awesome change in my routine.

A week and a half a go my husband suggested that I wear my hair down more often. Since being natural for a little over a year during that time I wore my hair either up or braided for about 98% of the time. The reason for this was protecting my hair and not knowing really how to work with it. I'm still learning.  Since being natural I've heard about wash-n-go styles and a product like called Kinky-Curly. I've tried the washa nd go before and it didn't quite turn out the way I wanted it to. I'm not sure if I did something wrong or used the wrong products, but it turned out kind of weird. I was able to salvage it but was still a bit let down by the results. After going back and forth with myself about it, I finally (with a little encouragement from hubby) decided to try out the wash-n-go again with the Kinky-Curly styling system. I went to Whole Foods and purched the Kinky-Curly Come Clean Shampoo,  Kinky-Curly Knot Today Conditioner. I already had a jar of the Kinky-Curly Curling Custard  lurking under my bathroom sink that I tried and failed with about a month ago.  Earlier this week, I washed my hair with the Come Clean shampoo, used the Knot Today to detangle and as a leave in, and applied the Curling Custard in small sections though dripping wet hair. The results? I love this line!! I love how my hair reacts to it. No I don't get big springy curls (and I'm totally OK with that) but I get smaller little cork screw curls and my hair is nice and shinny. The only draw back is that it does take my hair a while to dry, but I can get 2nd and even 3rd day hair with these products which is a huge plus.  For some reason, I thought I had to wash my hair every day and go though the whole routine every day, but all I have to do the next day is spritz my hair with a little bit of water and finger comb and/or add a headband or scarf and I'm out the door. So these products and the wash-n-go are now a staple in my routine.

I plan to rock the wash-n-go though out the summer. I'm hoping to find some cute accessories to go with my new style. I'm glad I finally tried this. Oh and a big plus for the Kinky-Curly products are they are completely natural and organic with no mineral oil, silicones, petroleum, plastics, acrylics, carbomers, and are also alcohlol, wax, and paraben free. How awesome is that!! If you want to check out these products (and I highly suggest you do if you have kinky or curly hair) swing on over to the Kinky-Curly website and check them out!

Here are my results from this morning. This is my second day hair and a I used a bra strap (from one of my convertible bras) to create this style. Notice the little cork screw curls a the top? I love this style and these products.


0 comments: